OpenACS Installation: Error
Thank you for installing the Open Architecture Community System (OpenACS),
a suite of fully-integrated enterprise-class solutions
for collaborative commerce.
This is the OpenACS Installer which performs all the steps necessary
to get the OpenACS Community System running on your server.
Please read the Release Notes
before proceeding to better understand what is contained in this release.
The following database pools generated errors:
- OpenACS could not allocate a handle from database pool "main".
Possible causes might include:
- The database is not running.
- The database driver has not been correctly installed.
- The datasource or database user/password are incorrect.
- You didn't define any database pools.
The first step involved in setting up your OpenACS
installation is to configure your RDBMS, correctly install a database driver,
and configure AOLserver to use it. You can download
and install the latest version of the AOLserver Oracle and PostgreSQL drivers
from the OpenACS.org Software Page.
Once you're sure everything is installed and configured correctly, restart AOLserver.